It can be frustrating when someone promises that he/she will get things done for you but they doesn’t follow through.
If they keep on repeating this, It can be beneficial to speak to have a chat with them and person and express your concerns. It is possible that they are unaware of how their actions are affecting you.
Some tips on how to handle the situation:
- Be very specific and clear about what you need from them and make sure they understand exactly what you are expecting from them.
- Keep check and follow up with them to make sure they are on track. This can make them more responsible and guarantee that the work is completed on schedule.
- Offer help or support if it seems that they are struggling with the task because sometimes people make promises they can’t keep because they are overwhelmed or don’t know how to do what they said they would.
- If the person continues to make promises they don’t keep, then maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship with them or their significance in your life.
- Trust and reliability are important qualities in any relationship, and it’s completely okay to set boundaries with those who don’t meet your expectations.
Set Boundaries with the people who make Unreliable Promises
Always remember that communication is key in any relationship, and being clear and honest about your expectations and needs can help prevent misunderstandings and frustration.